Window treatments provide much more than just a covering for your window. Some types of window treatments can help to reduce energy costs. Other products add a decorative element to the room or allow you to take full advantage of the space no matter how you want to use the space nor what time of the day or night it is. Privacy is yet another of the key benefits of window treatments.
As you can see, there are numerous reasons to use window treatments. Consider your options carefully.
- Select window treatments that are able to block out the sun so that you can get some sleep during the day. Blackout shades and drapery works well for this.
- Add some decorative flare with a few ornate rods and a stylish tassel on your drapery in the living room. This makes it more elegant in the space.
- Consider the benefit of cellular shades or other types of blinds that block out others from seeing into your space. This is a critical feature in places like the bedroom.
- For larger windows, you should look into solar shades or drapes. These do not allow sunlight to overheat your home during the summer months. They also help provide a layer of protection so that your home does not lose as much energy in the summer or winter months.
- Change the look of the space. Choose vertical blinds, for example, to elongate the look of a window and make the room look higher.
- Choose blackout drapery to help create the right ambiance for your movie theater room.
From a design perspective, having window treatments just makes sense. However, the right treatments can sell a home or transform a boring space into one that is a lot of fun and functions better for your particular needs.